Here’s the things we’ll check while also adjusting to make your bike to make it comfortable for you:
- Ensure front and rear brakes work properly.
- Ensure brake pads are not over worn and are correctly positioned in relation to the rims.
- Ensure brake control cables are lubricated, correctly adjusted and display no obvious wear.
- Ensure brake control levers are lubricated and tightly secured to the handlebars.
Wheels and Tires
- Ensure tires are inflated to within the recommended limits displayed on the tire sidewalls.
- Ensure ties have tread and have no BULGES OR EXCESSIVE WEAR.
- Ensure rims run true and have no obvious wobbles or kinks.
- Ensure all wheel spokes are tight and not broken.
- Check axle nuts and quick releases to ensure they are tight. If your bicycle is outfitted with quick release axles, ensure the locking levers are
correctly tensioned and in the closed position.
- Ensure handlebar and stem are correctly adjusted and tightened, and allow proper steering.
- Ensure the handlebars are set correctly in relation to the forks and the direction of travel.
- Ensure the chain is oiled, clean and runs smoothly.
- Extra care is required in wet or dusty conditions
- Ensure all bearings are lubricated, run freely and display no excess movement, grinding or rattling.
- Check headset, wheel bearings, pedal bearings and bottom bracket bearings.
Cranks and Pedals
- Ensure pedals are securely tightened to the cranks.
- Ensure the cranks are securely tightened and are not bent.
- Check that the derailleur(s) are adjusted and functioning properly.
- Ensure shift and brake levers are attached to the handlebar securely.
- Ensure all brake and shift cables are properly lubricated.
Frame and Fork
- Check that the frame and fork are not bent or broken. If either are bent or broken, they should be replaced.
- Ensure all reflectors are properly fitted and not obscured.
- Ensure all other fitting on the bike are properly secured and functioning.
- Ensure rider is wearing helmet and any other required riding safety gear.
Motor Drive Assembly and Throttle
- Ensure hub motor is spinning smoothly and the motor bearings are in good working order.
- Ensure all power cables running to hub motor are secured and undamaged.
- Make sure the hub motor axle bolts are secured and all torque arms and torque washers are in place.
- Ensure battery is charged before use.
- Ensure there is no damage to battery pack.
- Lock battery to frame and check to see that it is secured.
- Ensure fender mounting hardware is properly secured.
- Ensure there are no cracks or holes in fenders.